"A Happy Home is but an Earthly Heaven"

A few years ago, I found myself standing in the middle of a messy living room... having just gotten upset with someone for something unimportant. The feeling in the house, at that moment, was not exactly what I would call heavenly. I remember thinking, "Hey! What happened? I planned on being a fun mom!" I decided then to focus on what I could do to create moments that would draw my family closer together, and make our home a heaven on earth... all while having fun in the process!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Buckets O' Love

At the beginning of the month, I put out a red bucket for everyone with their name on it. During the month we filled each other's buckets with love notes, Valentine's, and candy. One of my children really liked the idea of the Love Buckets, and was constantly putting "treasures" from her room into each of our buckets. I had planned for us to wait and empty the buckets on Valentine's Day, but the buckets were such a hit, that we had to empty them numerous times before then. It was simple, and fun, and helped increase the feelings of love and appreciation in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment