"A Happy Home is but an Earthly Heaven"

A few years ago, I found myself standing in the middle of a messy living room... having just gotten upset with someone for something unimportant. The feeling in the house, at that moment, was not exactly what I would call heavenly. I remember thinking, "Hey! What happened? I planned on being a fun mom!" I decided then to focus on what I could do to create moments that would draw my family closer together, and make our home a heaven on earth... all while having fun in the process!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Some "Nutty-Butterflies"


I added these fun butterfly snacks to my children's lunch plates the other day. They are celery, peanut butter, and pretzels. Much cuter than the usual "ants on a log" (although that is fun too). Everyone loved them, and was so grateful. I heard "Wow! Thanks Mom!" at least a dozen times. It reminded me how important it is to go the extra mile (at least every once in a while). It only took 2 seconds to make them, and brought loads of smiles to my home-- well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment