"A Happy Home is but an Earthly Heaven"

A few years ago, I found myself standing in the middle of a messy living room... having just gotten upset with someone for something unimportant. The feeling in the house, at that moment, was not exactly what I would call heavenly. I remember thinking, "Hey! What happened? I planned on being a fun mom!" I decided then to focus on what I could do to create moments that would draw my family closer together, and make our home a heaven on earth... all while having fun in the process!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Morning Devotional or a Quick FHE Lesson

In the past (usually during the Summer), we have started our days with a morning devotional. It is usually a quick thought, quote, or lesson before we have our morning prayer. When my children were younger, it worked well to draw the devotional quote or lesson out of a bag. We enjoyed this, because the topic of our devotional was always a surprise. It is also fun, for older children to be given the responsibility of doing the morning devotional on a specific day.

Something new that has worked well for us is watching the "Mormon Messages" found at www.lds.org They are SO good, and work great for a morning devotional, or a quick FHE lesson.

This is one that we used recently, and was a big hit:
Our True Identity

No comments:

Post a Comment